OpWest II – Incubation
Incubating two vegetable cooperatives in West Romania
In this project, Synerb will provide seed stage and growth support services, along with flexible funding aimed at the development of two vegetable cooperatives in West Romania. In the coming 12 months, we’ll work with the “Grădina Bănățeană” cooperative from Deta and with a group of ambitious vegetable farmers from Comloșu Mare, Timiș County, committed to set up a new cooperative structure.
Synerb will support these two teams in their efforts to build effective, modern associative structures capable of accessing the local distribution and sales channels.
- Providing two grants, a 15.000 EUR seed funding and a 15.000 EUR growth and development grant.
- Technical assistance and specific incubation support for the new cooperative on financial planning, communications, membership facilitation and management, study visits, negotiation.
- Research and market development support for both cooperatives.
- Financial planning and scaling support for the existing cooperative.
- Producing a short documentary to capture the learnings of how to start and grow a cooperative.
IMPACT & RESULTS
- activities under implementation